“I see at intervals the glance of a curious sort of bird through the close-set bars of a cage: a vivid, restless, resolute captive is there; were it but free, it would soar cloud-high.”
Readers can anticipate articles that discuss law school life, regular life, preparation for the bar exam, and a hodge podge of things that the Blawgirl finds interesting.
This blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues the journey that is law school. Ms. Ines, a former junior college and university newspaper editor and award-winning student journalist (Journalism Association of Community Colleges, Hearst, Columbia), graduated with a degree in journalism in 2007 and worked for almost two years at a local newspaper. She decided to leave her post as a reporter late in 2008 and is currently attending the Chapman University School of Law (Disclaimer), where she started as a wide-eyed 1L August 2009. As a 3L, she is still trying to figure out what she wants to do exactly, but knows – after internships with the Open Society Justice Initiative in Cambodia in Summer 2010 and the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California in Summer 2011 – that she ultimately would like to help protect our civil liberties. That means – among other things – that she may not like someone’s rude, hateful, and blatantly ignorant comments, but she fully supports their right to spout whatever form of crazy they want.
The Blogger’s Interests
- TV Shows: The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly (Go Browncoats!), Chuck, Grey’s Anatomy, Jeopardy, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation
- Music: Songs that have a good beat that you can dance to, folk music, opera, contemporary folk music, classical, blues … let me listen to it, and I’ll tell you if I like it.
- Books: Narrative non-fiction crime novels, general fiction, science fiction, fantasy, mystery, classics, some historical romance (loved Outlander by Diana Gabaldon) … let me read it, and I’ll tell you if I like it. Favorite book of all time? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I read it when I was a kid and have reread it many times since. A close second would be Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Jane Eyre and Jo March were my childhood heroes. Speaking of books, check out this awesome organization that works to encourage a lifelong love of reading in children: Kids Need to Read. It was founded by The Softwire author PB Haarsma and “Firefly” star Nathan Fillion.
- Sports: Turbo Kickboxing, open-water swimming (I want to get to a point where I don’t think there’s a shark in the water every couple of strokes), biking
- Hobbies: Songwriting, reading, playing the piano, singing, Zumba, people watching,
- Other: My favorite fonts are Garamond, Futura and Impact. I used Garamond for my personal statement. I like white space. Also, I started off undergraduate studies as a classical voice major (soprano), which required me to learn songs and their translations in Italian, German, French and Spanish.
- Skills: Can almost do a full right split, uncanny sense of smell, cooking, nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills … law schools only want students who have great skills.
This site uses the free version of the Platform theme, is powered by WordPress, is hosted by Bluehost and utilizes a bunch of popular WordPress plugins. The site header was designed by yours truly using Picnik and the Gaia Dream Avatar Creator. There are a lot of awesome free WordPress themes and plugins out there created by equally awesome designers. If I’m using your stuff, please know that I heart you and your brain. No, I’m not a zombie, just someone who truly appreciates y’all.
About The Chronicles of a BlawgirlThis blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues her law school journey as a 3L in Fall 2011. Learn more about her here. Find/stalk her online profiles using the social toolbar at the bottom of your browser. Email her at ja_ines (at) msn (dot) com. Thank you for reading!
Explore!1L 3L anagrams art book review books boyfriend browncoats cambodia chapman cheap eats cool cute deep dark secret deviant art deviantART Diversions firefly flickr frugal finds frugal living fun funny glawsip i can has thoughtz julie anne ines law school law school news law student law students legal issues legal news life lolcat music penned posts phnom penh shark attack student loan debt teenie me tweets of the day uc irvine wordless wednesday words youtube