The Blawgirl crawls the Interwebz to find steals and deals for the frugal law student and the competitive bargain shopper. Find a new Frugal Finds 11:30 (ish) p.m. PST every Monday through Saturday! Also, each post is updated as I come across items. You’re welcome.
A note from the Blawgirl: Frugal Finds will continue on a daily basis until the beginning of August, when it will become a weekly feature.
- Free admission to national parks. The U.S. National Parks Service is offering free weekend admission to over 100 national parks on select weekends throughout the summer. Free admission will be in effect on June 20 to 21, July 18 to 19, and August 15 to 16. Click here for a list of participating parks!
Odds and Ends:
- Buy one get one free tees. At Aeropostale, buy one graphic tee and get a second one for free, shipping starting at $7.95. Men’s and women’s graphic tees start at $15.50. (via DealNews) While you’re there, you should also check out their weekend clearance sale, which includes basic camis for $5.99 (Was: $16.50) and a selection of jeans for $15 each (Was: $49.50).
- $26 Hug Me Pillow. After you drive away your significant other with your law school-related hissy fits (j/k. or am I?), you might want something to cuddle up to. Like the Hug Me Pillow. Overstock.com has this pillow, which is shaped like an arm attached to half a torso, for $25.97 (Was: $39.90). (via DealNews) Loved this review: “I bought this pillow to keep my company on nights when my husband, a correspondent for the Trans-Alaskan News Network, was out of town. The pillow exceeded even my wildest expectations. I’m told the pillow was modeled after Brad Pitt, and I believe it! When I first nestled against the soft, but firm chest of my new ‘husband’ I slept better than I ever had before. Now I don’t mind when my husband goes out of town!” Don’t know if that’s funny or sad. Another option is finding a free hugs campaign spot near you! Here’s a video of the free hugs campaign in China:
Whoops. Wrong video. Here’s the right one!
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Frugal Finds (6/17/09): Free admission to more than 100 national parks this weekend!
- Frugal Finds (6/5/09): Have a free donut on Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day!
- Frugal Finds (6/12/09): $10 admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific this June!
- Frugal Finds (6/11/09): Get two tickets to Six Flags theme parks for just $10 each!
- Frugal Finds (6/19/09): Get a free soundtrack for your summer courtesy of Nylon Magazine!
About The Chronicles of a BlawgirlThis blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues her law school journey as a 3L in Fall 2011. Learn more about her here. Find/stalk her online profiles using the social toolbar at the bottom of your browser. Email her at ja_ines (at) msn (dot) com. Thank you for reading!
Explore!1L 3L anagrams art book review books boyfriend browncoats cambodia chapman cheap eats cool cute deep dark secret deviant art deviantART Diversions firefly flickr frugal finds frugal living fun funny glawsip i can has thoughtz julie anne ines law school law school news law student law students legal issues legal news life lolcat music penned posts phnom penh shark attack student loan debt teenie me tweets of the day uc irvine wordless wednesday words youtube