The Blawgirl crawls the Interwebz to find steals and deals for the frugal law student and the competitive bargain shopper. Find a new Frugal Finds 11:30 (ish) p.m. PST every Monday through Saturday! Also, each post is updated as I come across items. You’re welcome.
Gadgets and Gear:
- $374 notebook. Dell Home has the Dell Inspiron 15 Pentium Dual-Core 2GHz 15.6″ Widescreen Notebook in pacific blue for $374 plus $29 for shipping via the directions at DealNews. An additional $40 gets you a choice of seven other colors.
- $439 notebook. Ending today, Lenovo has the Lenovo ThinkPad SL400 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz 14.1″ Widescreen Notebook for $439 (Was: $635) with free shipping via the directions found at DealNews.
- $650 notebook. Lenovo.com has its Lenovo ThinkPad R500 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 15.4″ Widescreen Notebook for $649 (Was: $905) with free shipping, but coupon code “USPR500PROMO” brings your price down to $549. (via DealNews)
- $550 notebook. Newegg.com has the Acer Aspire AS6930-6235 Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16″ Widescreen Notebook for $549.99 (Was: $699.99) with free shipping. (via DealNews)
- $650 notebook. Today, Dell introduced the Dell Studio 14z 14″ Notebook in six colors, with prices starting at $649 with free shipping. (via DealNews)
- 65 percent off OGIO bags. 6pm.com cuts up to 65 percent off OGIO bags, with prices reduced to $27.95 on bags that regularly go for $70. Add $6.95 for shipping. (via DealNews)
- Free or $1 movies this summer! DealNews put together an awesome list of movie theaters offering free or $1 movies on select showings (mostly family-friendly movies) throughout the summer. I’m not familiar with many of the theaters on the list, but AMC Theaters has $1 movies for 10:30 a.m. admission every Wednesday, with funds raised going to Variety-The Children’s Charity and the Will Rogers Institute. The Regal Entertainment Group, for its free family festival, offers free 10 a.m. admission every Tuesday and Wednesday! Check out the full list of 17 theaters here.
- Night at the movies for less than $5 a couple! If you’re looking for more “adult” fare (not nekkid stuff, but PG-13 or R-rated movies) this summer, try checking out a local second-run movie theater, which shows movies that aren’t yet on DVD, but maybe opened several months ago. The Blawgirl and the Boyfriend love The Picture Show at Santa Ana’s Mainplace Mall, where two adults can watch a movie for $3.50, or $1.75 per person! We’ve never been to Woodbridge Movies 5 in Irvine, but the theater also shows second-run movies for $1 on Tuesdays and $2 all other showings!
- $3 Soulja Boy album. Today only, the Amazon MP3 Store has downloads of iSouljaBoyTellem by Soulja Boy Tell’em for $2.99. The same 16-track album, released in 2008, goes for $7.99 on iTunes. (via DealNews)
- iTunes free download. Get a free download of Vib Gyor’s single “Fallen”. If you like Keane, Travis or Coldplay, you may like this song from the Leed-based band.
Odds and Ends:
- Free Krispy Kreme donut. According to the folks over at OC Deals, Krispy Kreme donuts will be giving away a free donut on National Doughnut Day, which is Friday, June 5. Find your nearest location here.
Photo: wallyg / Flickr
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Frugal Finds (7/1/09): See first-run movies for less than $10 a couple at AMC!
- Frugal Finds (5/7/09): Four-day cruises from Los Angeles to Catalina for $99 a person!
- Frugal Finds (4/21/09): Get a free ice cream cone at Ben & Jerry’s!
- Frugal Finds (5/4/09): Celebrate with Friday’s on Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo!
- Frugal Finds (6/3/09): Free rootbeer float from Sonic Drive-In tonight!
About The Chronicles of a BlawgirlThis blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues her law school journey as a 3L in Fall 2011. Learn more about her here. Find/stalk her online profiles using the social toolbar at the bottom of your browser. Email her at ja_ines (at) msn (dot) com. Thank you for reading!
Explore!1L 3L anagrams art book review books boyfriend browncoats cambodia chapman cheap eats cool cute deep dark secret deviant art deviantART Diversions firefly flickr frugal finds frugal living fun funny glawsip i can has thoughtz julie anne ines law school law school news law student law students legal issues legal news life lolcat music penned posts phnom penh shark attack student loan debt teenie me tweets of the day uc irvine wordless wednesday words youtube