Jonathan Mann committed himself to writing and posting a song a day to his YouTube channel. The inspirations for the songs cover such diverse topics as Battlestar Galactica, Israel and Palestine, and Tumblr.
And what was his inspiration April 19?
Why, the torture memos of course.
Mann took the text of a portion of the memos released last week and set them to music. The result is a somewhat peppy guitar and piano tune that sounds like an unsettling mix of a CNN news anchor, Jack Johnson and the Moldy Peaches. Throw in some air quotes ala Dr. Evil, a couple of tortured-looking grimaces, and a split screen and you have yourself a music video. Check it out.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Torture, interrogation memos set to be released today; Spain not moving forward with criminal investigation of Bush officials
- Interrogation memos released; allowed methods include waterboarding, insects in confinement box
- School dean and law prof at Chapman Law debate if former Bush adviser John Yoo fit to teach
- Spanish prosecutors to go forward with criminal investigation of Bush Six, says Daily Beast writer
- Law School News: Chapman faces heat from Fire John Yoo site
About The Chronicles of a BlawgirlThis blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues her law school journey as a 3L in Fall 2011. Learn more about her here. Find/stalk her online profiles using the social toolbar at the bottom of your browser. Email her at ja_ines (at) msn (dot) com. Thank you for reading!
Explore!1L 3L anagrams art book review books boyfriend browncoats cambodia chapman cheap eats cool cute deep dark secret deviant art deviantART Diversions firefly flickr frugal finds frugal living fun funny glawsip i can has thoughtz julie anne ines law school law school news law student law students legal issues legal news life lolcat music penned posts phnom penh shark attack student loan debt teenie me tweets of the day uc irvine wordless wednesday words youtube