Whether you’re dealing with the stress of applying to law school or the nail-biting of waiting for admissions (or, boo, rejections), I am of the mind that looking at cute things is as good, if not better, than taking aspirin.
If you don’t know me, let me explain: I am a sucker for all things cute, with special attention paid to puppies, kittens and baby elephants.
I’m one of those annoying people who stops folks out for a stroll with their dogs just so I can pet them (the dogs, not the people). And, yes, I know they come from evil, evil puppy mills, but I can’t help but smile and play with the puppies at the local pet store.
Today more than ever there is no shortage of sources for cute on the Interwebz, which makes my fluffy-puppy-LOLcat-baby-heffalump loving heart glad. LOLcats have their LOLs, and all’s right with the world. If you want to join me on this cute odyssey, here are a few places to start your search:
- Cute Things Falling Asleep. I think the name is pretty self-explanatory. This site is a collection of videos from around the Interwebz, mostly YouTube so far, of puppies, kitties, penguins, babies, elephants, etc., falling asleep and looking oh-so-adorable doing so.
- Cute Overload. An overload of mind-exploding and heart-bursting cuteness.
- I Can Haz Cheezburger. LOLcat central. If you haven’t been exposed to the wonder that is a LOLcat (a cat photo with a caption written in LOLspeak) this is a good introduction. And if you’re not familiar with LOLspeak, the site also offers a handy primer and a link to the LOLspeak wiki.
- I Has A Hotdog. The sister site to I Can Haz Cheezburger, this site has photos of dogs and puppies, or “goggies”, captioned in the LOLcat style.
- The Cute Project. A site with the laudable goal of collecting all the world’s cuteness in one place. World peace, one kyute at a time.
Photo: I Has A Hotdog
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
About The Chronicles of a BlawgirlThis blawg follows Julie Anne Ines as she continues her law school journey as a 3L in Fall 2011. Learn more about her here. Find/stalk her online profiles using the social toolbar at the bottom of your browser. Email her at ja_ines (at) msn (dot) com. Thank you for reading!
Explore!1L 3L anagrams art book review books boyfriend browncoats cambodia chapman cheap eats cool cute deep dark secret deviant art deviantART Diversions firefly flickr frugal finds frugal living fun funny glawsip i can has thoughtz julie anne ines law school law school news law student law students legal issues legal news life lolcat music penned posts phnom penh shark attack student loan debt teenie me tweets of the day uc irvine wordless wednesday words youtube